Providing support to customers
On several occasions, the company 1-Grid.com which provides hosting of several domains I manage for customers, has had problems. Today I find that my account, and all domains managed by my account, has been suspended. According to their panel, everything is paid for and there are no explanations as to what is going on. This is when I become frustrated, as I can't reach anyone for assistance. Phoning them I'm told it is outside their normal operating hours. Logging a ticket online does nothing, as they have not responded to any of my tickets logged in the last month. So I guess this leaves only one option. Spend a day transferring all my customers to another provider.
The lessons to be learned for the rest of us.
- Inform your customers of what is going on.
- Provide support at all hours for them.
- Choose carefully when looking for a company to host with.
I am wondering if this is possibly a company decision to remove smaller customers by just ignoring them until they move away.
Comments
Post a Comment